2013年12月17日 星期二

麗茲.班納特的日記 Ep: 3 個性互補的牽手



1:01
下方原文字
New Socks 新襪子

Bonsai Tree 盆栽,Bonsai為外來語,原文為盆栽 Wiki-Bonsai

Pipe Smoking 抽煙斗:
(圖片來源:Google)



Embrassing Daughters 抱抱女兒

Winding Up Mom 把老媽惹毛
-Wind up本意為使結束,收尾
而Wind someone up為使某人情緒高漲,有可能是高興或生氣(來源)

2:17
Stunning on your arm.
Stunning,作為形容詞為令人驚豔的,出色的
Stun on arm則為:
(圖片來源:Google)
在此譯作「絕對是個上得了廳堂的賢內助」

2:52
Matchmaker:紅娘,媒人

珍.奧斯汀的另一部小說"EMMA"就是以Emma喜愛為人牽線而展開的故事




==========中英對照==========


So the thing about my mother is that she loves a good panic  
我媽她這個人,就愛搞慌張


Seriously, I have never seen her happier than when she thought radiation
was going to cross the Pacific from Japan and kill us all
沒開玩笑,當她以為輻射會從日本飄過太平洋殺死所有人的時候,她看起來快樂無比


Then there’s my dad, who’s really calm, smart and supportive of us
而我爸爸呢,他很冷靜、聰明又很挺我們


He likes spends his days reading… like his bonsai collection.
他花很多時間閱讀...如他的盆栽收藏


How these two ever got together at the first place
這兩個人怎麼會看對眼呀!


I will never know!
我永遠無法理解!


My name is Lizzie Bennet, and these are my parents
我是麗茲.班納特,這就是我的父母


what’s keeping mom happy at the moment,
此時此刻,我媽會為了何事開心不已?


she’s decided we can’t go over to meet Bing Lee like normal people
她不要我們像一般人一樣去拜訪賓李


No!
不行!


for some reason, Dad has to go over and introduce the rest of us.
基於某種理由,我爸得親自過去,把我們介紹給他


And he hasn’t done it yet
不過他到現在都還沒行動


this has been going on all week.
所以家裡整個禮拜都在煩這件事





And if you do not go visit Bing Lee tomorrow,
we may as well resign ourself not meeting him until Emily Lu invites us to her daughter’s wedding
如果你明天再不去拜訪賓李,我們乾脆放棄,直接等愛蜜麗請我們去參加她女兒的婚禮算了!


Charlotte Lu is getting married? why would Bing Lee be at her wedding?
夏綠蒂.盧要出嫁了? 賓李去她婚禮幹嘛?


Because he’s the groom!
因為他是新郎!


So that’s been fun,
我真的好樂在其中...(才怪)


Oh! and Charlotte apparently you’re going to marry Bing Lee! Congratulations!
喔! 還有夏綠蒂你會嫁給賓李,恭喜恭喜!


We know we still don’t know what he looks like
我們到現在還不曉得他長什麼樣子


Exactly!
就是!


But fortunately, for this odds couple marriage, there’s nothing Dad enjoys more than winding Mom up
所幸,在這段個性不搭嘎下的婚姻,老爸對把老媽惹毛的這件事還蠻怡然自得的


<Things dad enjoy> 爸爸喜歡的事
New socks 新襪子
Bonsia tree 盆栽
Pipe smoking 抽煙斗
Embrassing daughters 抱抱女兒
Winding up mom 把老媽惹毛


I made a chart!
我做了張圖表!


Nerd!
書呆子!


Get out!
滾開啦你!


so that of course when dad actually introduces himself to Bing Lee
所以老爸真的跑去認識賓李


He doesn’t… you know, tell Mom.
但是沒有...就是...跟老媽說


Cause that would be the normal thing to do
正常人不都這樣?


No! he waits until Mom is so frustrated over him not meeting Bing Lee that she yells that she’s sick for the whole thing, and would be happy never to hear the name Bing Lee again.
才不! 他總等到老媽火冒三丈,大吼說她不想再管這件事、不想再聽到賓李這個名字的時候


And that's when Dad says:
老爸才娓娓道來:


Charlotte: Oh, that's too bad.
喔! 真是可惜


I met him while he was getting his membership at the club.
他在俱樂部申請會員的時候,我碰到他了


and he'll be at Ellen Gibson's wedding. Apparently, he's a friend of the groom.
他會去參加Ellen Gibson的婚禮,想當然爾,以男方的賓客身分參加


I told him all about our girls. There's no way to avoid meeting him now.
我跟他談到我們家的女兒,見他勢在必行了


Lizzie: And now she's back on the Bing Lee: Future Son-in-Law train. Choo choo!
所以老媽又開始想著: 賓李-我未來的金龜婿,繼續鬼擋牆!


Thanks, Dad. I do not believe he went over there and talked about us. I can just imagine that conversation…
謝了,老爸,我真不敢相信他過去談論我們的事,講了什麼內容都可以猜到了


Charlotte: Hello. I'm your new neighbor.
哈囉! 我是你的新鄰居


Lizzie: Hello. I'm a rich, successful medical student.
哈囉! 我是個有錢、成功的醫學院學生


Charlotte: I'm well aware of that. In fact, my wife has sent me to meet you so that you can eventually marry one of our daughters.
我注意到了,其實是我太太叫我過來認識你的,之後才能把我們其中一個女兒許配給你


Lizzie: Are they hot?
正不正?


Charlotte: Attractive. Accomplished. Even smart.
迷人、有成就,還很聰明


My Lizzie is getting an advanced degree in Mass Communications, which dooms her to a
life of unemployment, so she could use a rich husband like you.
我家的麗茲正在攻讀大眾傳播研究所的學位,畢業後將成為無業遊民,所以需要像你這種的有錢老公養她


Lizzie: What if I'm looking for something more in a trophy wife?
如果我不想娶嬌嬌女回家呢?


Charlotte: Well, her sister Jane is quite the fashionable beauty and would be stunning on your arm.
And word around campus is that my youngest, Lydia, is a bit of a slut.
嗯,她的姐姐珍也非常地美麗,絕對是個上得了廳堂的賢內助
還有那位校園風雲人物,也就是我最小的女兒,利迪雅,是個淫蕩女


Lydia: I heard that!
我聽到了喔!


Lizzie: My sister Lydia is not a slut. Happy?
我的小妹利迪雅不是淫蕩女,開心了嗎?


Lydia: Yes.
超開心的


Lizzie: So next weekend, our family friends the Gibsons are marrying off one of their daughters.
所以下個周末,我們的世交Gibsons,家中的一個女兒即將出嫁


Which serves as another in-your-face reminder to my mom about how pathetically single her daughters are.
這好比一記當頭棒喝,提醒我媽她那三個女兒,都還很可悲地,小姑獨處


But there's hope! Because Bing Lee is a friend of the groom. So now, apparently, he's coming. Cannot wait.
但總會有希望的! 因為賓李是新郎的朋友,所以他會參加婚禮,真是期待



So tune in next time for…
下次請記得收看...


Operation: Matchmaker Wedding!
搶人大作戰:我愛紅娘之婚禮大聯誼!


Who Wants to Marry a Millionaire Med Student?
誰想嫁個醫學院的百萬富翁啊?


Survivor: My Parents.
我要活下去實境秀:老爸和老媽


Yeah. Yeah I really gotta figure out how to end these things.
知道了...知道了...我該想想要怎樣做結尾比較好


But for now, there's…

現在就先...


沒有留言:

張貼留言

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...