2014年5月25日 星期日

麗茲.班納特的日記 EP13:賓!晚餐時間



0:12
up-to-the-minute: 最新的,(資訊)更新到最新的

1:09
Dietary restrictions: 飲食限制
在此並不是指減肥的那種限制
是可能有過敏或疾病所以不能吃某些東西
例如對蝦子過敏的就要盡量避免吃海鮮類...等等
有痛風就須避免高普林食物



1:13
Preferences: 特定偏好
這裡雖然翻做挑食,但實際上應為沒有特別喜愛的食物

1:29
Paralyze: 使癱瘓,使麻痺

1:43
Fillet a salmon: 把鮭魚切片
...恩不知道為什麼我居然打鮭魚除刺orz
ㄜ但鮭魚切片也算是一門學問就是了
其中也包含除刺的步驟 所以點fillet of salmon會是去骨的鮭魚喔!

Fillet這個字就包含無骨的意思
同時也指菲力牛排
而麥當勞的鱈魚堡,英文則是Filet-O-Fish
至於為什麼少一個O...則是一個傳說...(屁啦)
是因為這字是取自法文

1:50
「她還問了賓和卡洛琳介不介意不加醬油?」
這裡的重點是,賓和卡洛琳在LBD裡面設定的是亞洲人(更準確來說是混血亞裔)
這點可以從賓.李(Bing Lee)的姓看出來
而亞洲人煮菜都會加醬油是刻板印象
所以老媽這樣問賓和卡洛琳其實是帶有種族歧視的
麗茲才會警鈴大響的趕快衝下樓去

另外在美國如果有種族歧視的行為的話
算是非常嚴重的事情喔
目前在美國有嚴重歧視的地區大概都是保守州

2:01
Deathly afraid of: 怕...怕得要死
跟中文很像吧所以應該可以用得很上手哦(姆指)


孟克的吶喊,夠驚恐嗎?

==========中英對照==========
原影片: 開啟CC字幕!一起學習英文吧!

今天我們要來點不一樣的
Lizzie: So today we’re going to try something a little different.

約一個小時後,賓和卡洛琳會來我們家用晚餐
In about an hour or so, Bing and Caroline are coming over for dinner.

然後…沒錯,媽很抓狂
And yeah, Mom is freaking out.

用膝蓋想也知道
But that’s obvious.

所以我今天將卯足全力,在晚餐現場帶給大家熱騰騰的最新消息
So I’m going to do my best to give you up-to-the-minute updates during the dinner.

我覺得過程會非常順利
Which I am sure will go perfectly well.

麗茲!媽要你去幫她用沙拉
Lydia: Lizzie! Mom needs your help with the salad.

為什麼你不能幫?
Lizzie: Why can’t you do it?

嗨大家好。我姐需要去廚房發揮她「追捕國內嫌犯」的特長,所以我來補一下空檔…
Lydia: Hi everyone. My sister’s suspect domestic skills are needed in the kitchen, so I’ll be filling in…

不不不,沒關係…我只會待一下而已,所以,妳可以…
Lizzie: No, no, no that’s fine...I will just be there in a minute. So, you can…


但媽現正需要妳!
Lydia: But she needs you right now.

好…但你千萬別替我錄,好嗎,你有在聽我講話嗎?算了,我是麗茲.班納特…
Lizzie: Okay...but you ARE NOT filling in for me. Okay, are you even listening to me? Fine. My name is Lizzie Bennet-

我是利迪雅.班納特!姐,你的台詞
Lydia: My name is Lydia Bennet! Your line, sis.

猜猜誰要來晚餐?
Lizzie: Guess who’s coming to dinner?

賓.李!
Lydia: Bing Lee!

距離晚餐還有一個小時,賓和卡洛琳在樓下跟爸和珍聊天,目前為止都很順利
Lizzie: So right now it’s about an hour until dinner. Bing and Caroline are downstairs talking with dad and Jane. And so far so good.

但我想主要是因為老媽人還在廚房,好好的料理一切…大小事
But I think that’s mainly because Mom is still in the kitchen, perfecting everything...anything.

現在她正為飲食控管而緊張不已
Right now she’s panicking about dietary restrictions.

還是在賓告訴她之後才發作
And this is even after Bing told her.

都可以的,班納特太太。卡洛琳和我並不挑食,我相信依妳的廚藝,煮什麼菜都很美味
It’s quite fine Mrs. Bennet. Caroline and I have no preferences. I’m sure whatever you make will be delicious.

很不幸地,這只讓媽的神經更加緊張、崩壞
But unfortunately the only thing that accomplished was sending her into a raging panic.

因為她現在更不知道要煮什麼了
Because now she can’t decide what to make.

我知道你在想什麼,「叫她青菜煮煮就好了啊」,相信我,我說過了
And I know what you’re thinking. Just tell her to make whatever. And believe me, I have.


但現在她有太多選擇,害她思路癱瘓
But right now she has too many choices. And it’s paralyzing her.

雖然實際上選擇沒這麼多
Even though she really doesn’t have that many options.

一塊四磅的小羊肉,還能煮出什麼
there’s only so much you can do with four pounds of lamb.

麗茲!媽要抓狂了
Lydia: Lizzie! Mom is freaking out.

我知道
Lizzie: I know.

欸!你不等我就開錄了
Lydia: Hey! You’re doing the show without me.

不我只是…媽要什麼?
Lizzie: No I’m just...what does Mom want?

她要妳去幫她忙把鮭魚除刺,不知道什麼意思
Lydia: She needs your help filleting a salmon. Whatever that means.

等等,有鮭魚?哪來的鮭魚?
Lizzie: Wait, there’s salmon? Where did that come from?

她覺得這樣做會比較上道,她還問了賓和卡洛琳介不介意不加醬油?
Lydia: She thought it’d be classier. She’s also asking Bing and Caroline if they mind if she doesn’t use soy sauce.

噢不會吧,噢媽…為什麼?
Lizzie: No she’s not! Oh, mom...why?

現在,好戲上場!你所不知道的麗茲…她聞起來很臭…
Lydia: Now, for the real show! Some things you don’t know about Lizzie...she smells bad-

噢不你別
Lizzie: Oh no you don’t.

她超怕鳥類…
Lydia: She’s deathly afraid of birds...

不不,不
Lizzie: Nah uh, nah uh

拜託,只要一分鐘就好了?八托,八托…
Lydia: Please, just for a minute minute? Please, please...

沒門
Lizzie: Not gonna happen.

好了,晚飯吃完了,過程中突發狀況頻傳。我沒有時間詳述一切但…
So okay, it’s now after dinner and it’s turned into a real emergency. I don’t have the time to go into everything but…

媽先出糗,然後換利迪雅丟臉,然後媽又出糗,雖然是意料之內,我還是覺得很糗
Mom embarrassed herself...and then Lydia embarrassed herself...and then Mom embarrassed herself again. Which shouldn't surprise anyone. Shame on me really.

現在該減低一下傷害,我們得讓大家逃離這裡,至少要讓賓和卡洛琳離開
Okay so now it’s damage control time. We gotta get everyone out of here. At least Bing and Caroline.

我傳訊息給夏綠蒂,她會在卡特酒吧跟我們碰面,我們會小酌幾杯,打點電動
I texted Charlotte, and she’s gonna meet us over at Carter’s Bar. We’ll have a few drinks, play some video games.

運氣好的話,賓將度過美好的一晚,並完全忘記這頓史上最糟糕的晚餐
And with any luck, Bing will have such a good time, that he’ll completely forget about the worst dinner ever.

或該說他會醉到不在乎
Or at least get so drunk that he doesn’t care.

好了,該走了
Ok gotta go.

哦哦!酒吧!耶耶耶爽
Lydia: Woo!! Carter’s!! Yeah bitches!!

呃…妳不能去啊
Lizzie: Um...you’re not going.

為什麼不行?!
Lydia: Why not?!?

因為這違法啊,而且妳要留在家裡幫媽收拾
Lizzie: Because it’s illegal, and you’re gonna stay home and help Mom.

好吧,好,我就...我就待在家裡,一個人..孤零零…
Lydia: Okay, yeah, I’ll just, I’ll just stay home by myself then…

好啦,你可以去
Lizzie: Okay, fine you can go.

太好了耶耶耶…
Lydia: Yessss....

怎麼這麼順利
Lizzie: This is gonna go so well.

安抓!(擊掌)
Lydia: Whaaat.

不要

Lizzie: No.



沒有留言:

張貼留言

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...