2014年1月23日 星期四

麗茲.班納特的日記 EP7: 史上最尷尬的一場舞


0:18 & 0:20
Bouquet: 捧花
Garter: 襪帶

左圖為襪帶,右圖為捧花

在歐美婚禮上,襪帶與捧花是為婚禮習俗之一,
女孩們的目標就是捧花,而男性的目標就是新娘大腿上的襪帶,
襪帶會被新郎拿下,然後像捧花一般的扔出去,
至於襪帶如何被新郎拿下,由於現今的社會人類的邪惡與娛樂,襪帶以咬下的方式也非常常見,

...說真的,看起來很邪惡啊

0:20
Stuck up: 自大的,傲慢的
不過,若是去Google"stuck up"的圖片,會看到一堆X光片和卡在身體裡面的..東西XD

Pompous prick: 傲慢的傢伙
根據Urban Dictionary的解釋:某人自認為自己是天下掉下來的禮物,是這世界上的珍寶,雖然其實根本八竿子打不著

0:34
Circumstances: 情況,情勢

0:46
Fist Pump: 高興的緊握拳頭 (維基百科:Fist Pump)
圖為2011年溫布敦網球公開賽的Novak Djokovic
0:50
Unbridled: 恣意妄為,肆無忌憚
Bridle的原意為韁繩,所以Unbridled就是脫韁的野馬那樣,不受控制(?!)

1:25
Smash: 粉碎,打破;扣殺;(adj.)出色的
圖為Djokovic在上海公開賽上的摔球拍畫面
小心惹到我你就會跟那球拍一樣(誤)

1:34
Fast-forward: 快進

1:37
Clump: 叢;使成一叢
Bachelor: 單身者,未婚者;學士學位
圖為演員Jake Pavelka: 約會嗎?不約會嗎?
1:46
Muster: 聚集,匯集;集合
Hospitality: 殷勤好客,盛情款待;招待;宜人,適宜

2:10
Cricket: 蟋蟀
圖為花木蘭裡的蟋蟀
2:29
Skinny: 極瘦的,緊身的
在此The Skinny則為「內情」的俚語
(英文字典於此)

2:39
Decent: 正經,像樣

2:53
Put sth./sb. on a pedestal: 對某事有高標準,認為有某人是完美的

==========中英對照==========
原影片: 開啟CC字幕!一起學習英文吧!


My last video, some of you thought I am little dramatic on William Darcy.
在我上部影片中,有些人認為我把威廉達西形容得太誇張了


I know it may have seemed a bit harsh. In this video, I am going to tell you a story.
我知道我有點苛刻。而這部影片,我要告訴你們一個故事


A story of a wedding, a painful wedding.
一個和婚禮有關的故事  
一個苦不堪言的婚禮


Where a man and a woman were forced to dance together because of some stupid binding tradition that should be banned for all time.
這場婚禮中有對男女被迫共舞
只為了符合那些早該廢除的古禮


So if you haven’t guessed it yet,  Yeah, I caught the bouquet.
你猜怎麼著? 是的,我接到捧花了


And guess what stuck up ,pompous prick caught the garter!
猜猜那個自大、傲慢的王八蛋接到襪帶?


Yeah…
沒錯...


My name is Lizzie Bennet, and this is the story of the most awkward dance ever.
我的名字是麗茲班納特,這是我這生以來跳過最糗的一支舞


So you are probably wondering... how do this ridiculous set of circumstances happen?!
你們應該很想知道
這件蠢事到底是怎麼發生的


Oh trust me, I am too.
喔,相信我,我也很想知道


I was standing against the wall, minding my own business.
我當時正靠著牆,做我該做的事情


Well, really, I was watching Bing and Jane dance song after song.
恩,其實呢,我是在看賓李和珍跳舞
一首接著一首跳個不停


And then watching my mom pump her fist so that everyone else in the world knew of her unbridled success.
接著看到我媽握拳高舉,跟全世界宣示她完成的創舉


Lizzie. Who’s dancing with Bing Lee, the rich new neighbor who is studying to be a doctor?
麗茲,那個跟我們超級有錢的新鄰居兼準醫生賓李
一起跳舞的人是誰阿?


For the tenth time, it’s your eldest, most perfect daughter, Jane.
這是第十次了,是你那人間極品的大女兒,珍


This is the happiest day of my life!!
今天是我人生中最開心的一刻!!


What about the day you married dad?
那你跟爸爸結婚那天呢?


or the days your three daughters were born?
或者你三個女兒出生的時候?


Nope, it’s today!
都不是,今天才是!!


Now, see, at that point? I was okay.
恩,這樣阿。不過當下聽到,我覺得還OK


I mean, not totally thrilled, but okay.
我是說,我沒有很振奮,但還可以接受啦


But then came time for the bouquet toss.
接著到了丟捧花的時刻


Or as it is to my mother, her last, best hope to match off one of her single, pathetic daughters.
這對我媽而言,是把她小姑獨處的可憐女兒嫁出去的最後希望


I didn’t so much catch it as prevent it from smashing into my face.
我根本不想接
但也沒料到捧花會直接砸臉


But I figured my mom probably paid off Ellen Gibson to throw it directly at me.
我猜我媽應該有塞錢給Ellen Gibson,請她直接把捧花丟給我


I wonder how much my misery is worth to my mother.
不知道我悲慘的人生值老媽多少錢?


So, anyway, fast-forward, Darcy is standing as far away from the clump of bachelors as possible.
總之,長話短說,達西當時站在一處離那群單身漢非常遙遠的地方


To allow for minimal chance of interaction with other humans.
只為了避免和其他人類有所互動


Yet somehow, mustered the hospitality to catch the garter.
不知怎搞得,竟然乩童上身,鼓起熱情地接了襪帶


After it hit him in the chest.
在被襪帶狠狠打中胸膛後


So there we were.
接著我們就被迫湊對


Forcing smiles for the dog and stuck-up pony show.
被迫上演恐龍妹和高傲的小馬 互相微笑的戲碼


Or should that be the stuck-up dog and pony show?
還是我該說高傲的恐龍哥跟小馬啊?


But that Darcy…..What a charmer, stone, freaking, statue.
但是那個達西...  好個迷人、頑固、詭異的雕像


Like, can’t you just imagine fake happiness and force a smile?
你就不能假裝、想像自己很開心,然後勉強笑一下嗎?


So there is me, being the lady, following his lead.
我就在那邊,做個好淑女,跟著他的舞步跳


More like, swaying to his way.
其實比較像是被他拖著亂晃


It was like he was trying to hear the crickets in the next county.
他安靜到我以為他在聽到隔壁鎮的蟋蟀叫


And when I asked him if he actually liked it here in town?
當我問他喜不喜歡這個鎮


Not especially.
還好


Do you enjoy dancing?
你喜歡跳舞嗎?


Not if I can help it.
如果我會跳的話,或許會喜歡


Glad to rock your world, there, Darcy.
好開心能認識你啊! 達西


So the dance ends. I swayed, he snobbed. And he actually thanked me for the dance.
跳完舞後。我搖搖晃晃的離去,他趾高氣昂的走了,他竟然還謝謝我與他共舞


So then I head back to my wall, where Charlotte is waiting.
然後我走回牆邊,夏綠蒂正在那裏等我


I give her the skinny, we laugh, and then we head outside.
我把事情經過跟她說
兩個人笑一笑,就一起出去了


And that’s when I hear him talking to Bing.
這時候我聽到他和賓說


You’re dancing with the only tolerable girl in the room, so stop wasting your time with me.
你正跟這屋裡唯一能看的女生跳舞,別浪費你的時間在我身上


Sure. Lizzie is decent enough, but why would I continue to dancing with her when no one else does?
沒錯,麗茲是很得體,但我幹嘛非要跟一個沒人願意共舞的女生跳?


I mean it’s…
我是指..


Who is he?
他誰啊他?


I mean, I’m not even going to give him the satisfaction.
我是說,我也不想讓他滿意笑開懷


Well, Mr. Darcy. I hope it’s not too lonely on the pedestal you’ve put yourself on.
嗯,達西先生,希望你的自命清高不會讓你孤獨一世


It’s safe to say, I like you even less than you like me.
保守點的說法是,你喜歡我比我喜歡你多


Lizzie Bannet, decent enough.
麗茲班納特超優的好嗎!!


------------------------
抱歉這篇都是Djokovic,2014澳網開打,期待他的蟬聯冠軍,卻輸給Wawrinka..我真的(掩面)
留言告訴我你喜歡什麼! 或許下次會放你喜歡的名人照片在文章中:)(如果適當的話lol)
也或許下次的文章中..會多照顧男性讀者(捻鬍)


沒有留言:

張貼留言

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...