2014年4月7日 星期一

麗茲.班納特的日記 EP11: 魅力男-李先生



0:46
Model UN: 全名Model United Nations,模擬聯合國
其中United Nations即為常稱的UN(聯合國)
原先由哈佛大學發起,後來被聯合國取代,每年在不同城市舉辦
仿效聯合國的運作,使與會者瞭解多邊外交的過程,培養分析公民議題的能力,促進世界各地學生的交流(來源:維基百科)





0:47
Bush twins: 小布希(喬治.W.布希)的雙胞胎女兒,分別為姐姐Barbara Pierce Bush與妹妹Jenna Bush Hager(妹妹已婚,Hager為冠夫姓)

右為姐姐,左為妹妹

0:56
聯合國總部大樓位於美國紐約市曼哈頓,而土地是為國際領土
可以進去參觀,需門票,也要經過相當嚴格的安檢
坐落於曼哈頓東側的聯合國總部
1:20
原字幕應為贊安諾(Xanax),一種常見的抗焦慮藥物

2:30
Get some attraction: 在某事或某物得到程度上的關注或認同
來源:牛津辭典

==========中英對照==========
原影片: 開啟CC字幕!一起學習英文吧!


如果要說那天在賓的晚餐會上有什麼好事發生--但這件事我無法掛保證
Lizzie: If one good thing came out of dinner at Bing’s the other day -- and I’m not convinced that anything did --


我覺得賓喜歡上我姐姐了
it’s that I can say with authority that Bing is definitely into my sister.


而且不是那種怪叔叔的喜歡
And not in a creepy stalker way, either.


我知道,之前我太早下定論了
I know, I kind of pre-judged the guy, right?


但我必須承認,他人很好又細心
But I have to admit, he is a nice, sensitive guy.


我是麗茲.班納特,而賓.李魅力四射到讓大家脫褲,只是比喻
My name is Lizzie Bennet and Bing Lee just charmed the pants off everybody. Not literally.


那個賓?天,好個酷傢伙。就連我媽這種不速之客都沒能動搖他
That Bing? Man, one cool customer. Even my mother trying to invite herself in didn’t phase him.


噢,李先生,你還記得在婚禮上見過我們嗎?我們非常榮幸能受邀參加
Oh, Mr. Lee, you remember us from the wedding. We were so delighted to receive your invitation.


她老是這樣,硬闖進去、假裝自己有受邀。大部分的時候,人們會覺得對她說「不」很尷尬,乾脆隨她去
She does that all the time, barges in like she’s invited. Mostly, people feel so awkward about telling her "no" that they just let her.


她還曾闖入在白宮舉行的模擬聯合國戶外教學
She did that at the White House during my Model UN field trip.


我們還跟布希家的雙胞胎女兒,一起喝零熱量可樂
We had Diet Coke with the Bush twins.


其實,還蠻炫的
Actually, kind of amazing.


但從國際安全方面考量的話,有點恐怖
Though scary, from a national security standpoint.


我不太清楚為什麼我的模擬聯合國戶外教學,會選在華盛頓首府
And I’m still not sure why my Model UN class was on a field trip to Washington DC in the first place.


總之,這個把特工們嚇到的行為,賓.李卻不受影響
Anyway, where the Secret Service faltered, Bing Lee didn’t miss a beat.


噢,你和利迪雅真好,還順道載珍和麗茲過來
Oh, it is so nice of you and Lydia to come drop off Jane and Lizzie.


然後,我不確定他是怎麼辦到的,但突然間,媽衝出了門,邀請了賓和卡洛琳--
And then, I’m not sure how he did it, but suddenly Mom was out the door, having invited Bing and Caroline,


噢,還有達西,呃
oh, and Darcy, ugh,


--來我們家坐,意思是她沒辦法再逗留在賓.李家,因為她要回家發神經了
over to visit our house, which meant she couldn’t stay around his house because she had to go home and have a good panic.


這真是太棒了
It was amazing.


對你而言吧,我們得在回家的路上中途去買抗焦慮藥
(贊安諾: 看字幕要不要省略, 放在網誌就好)
Lydia: Amazing for you, maybe. We had to stop for Xanax on the way home.


那些藥你暗槓了多少?
Lizzie: And how much of that Xanax ended up in your purse?


走囉
Lydia: Gotta go!


晚餐還不錯,我覺得啦。賓找了很多人來,例如說夏綠蒂
Lizzie: Dinner was fine, I guess. Bing had a bunch of people over, like Charlotte.


但絕大部分的時間他都在找機會跟珍聊天
But the whole time, he was talking to Jane every chance he got.


珍,一如往常的,冷靜應對,這是件好事
Jane, as usual, played it cool, though, which is great.


沒有什麼比男生對女生只有一點點意思,就讓這個女孩自動投懷送抱還更可悲的事了
There is nothing more pathetic than a girl who throws herself at a guy the minute he starts to show the tiniest bit of interest.


夏綠蒂:(咳咳)
Charlotte: (cough cough)


有什麼要跟各位同學們分享的嗎,夏綠蒂?
Lizzie: Something to share with the class, Charlotte?


我只是想說珍表現的有點太冷酷了
Charlotte: I just think that Jane might have been playing it a little too cool.


你不覺得珍喜歡他?
Lizzie: You don’t think she’s into him?


噢不,我覺得珍很顯然地喜歡他,我只是覺得這事只有我們感覺得到而已
Charlotte: Oh, no. I think it’s obvious she really likes him. I just think we’re the only two people who can tell.


看喔,這是珍對他很喜歡的人所說的話
See, this is what Jane says when she sees someone she really likes...


噢嗨!很高興見到你!
Oh, hi! It’s so good to see you!


對她的敵人…
Her mortal enemy...



噢嗨!很高興見到你!
Oh, hi! It’s so good to see you!


對郵差…
And the mailman...


噢嗨!很高興見到你!
Oh, hi! It’s so good to see you!


長期觀察珍.班納特成長的我們,才能察覺出不同,我不確定賓行不行
And we, as life-long scholars of the many moods of Jane Bennet, can tell the difference. I’m not sure Bing can.


這個嘛,他是個聰明人,他會發現的
Lizzie: Well, he’s a smart guy. He’ll figure it out.


我確定他行,如果他用心觀察的話。問題是在沒有任何鼓勵下、他是否會努力追求呢?
Charlotte: I’m sure he could, if he put his mind to it. The question is, will he put in the effort if he’s not getting any encouragement?


恩,如果他沒努力的話,珍就不值得花時間在他身上。
Lizzie: Well, if he’s not going to put in the effort, he’s not worth her time.


說到那些不值得花時間的事,我們能回頭討論達西嗎?
Speaking of things that aren’t worth anyone’s time, can we go back to talking about Darcy?


因為我需要一些關注和認同
Cuz I feel like I’m getting some traction.


留到下次再說吧,一個影片有太多主題會讓人覺得有點失焦

Charlotte: Save it for next time. Too many subjects in one video and it feels unfocused.


沒有留言:

張貼留言

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...